First: Summary description of responsibilities and activities undertaken by the Investment division:
|» Feasibility Studies and Projects Evaluation Department |
|(A) : Feasibility Studies |
- Preparing feasibility studies for customers independently, or in cooperation with specialized consultant offices.
- Evaluating feasibility studies for new projects offered to the Bank in order to participate in their capitals.
- Evaluate existing projects so that the Bank may participate in their capitals, or increase its shareholding in case of capital increases, or acquire a controlling stake.
- Preparing studies required for establishing mutual funds by the Bank or subscribing in mutual funds launched by other institutions.
- Preparing studies required for subscribing in banks and corporate bonds.
- Offering advice to credit divisions and the Bank branches with regard to feasibility studies provided by customers for the establishment of new projects or expanding the activities of projects already in operation.
- Providing advice to credit divisions and the Bank branches with regard to listed and publicly-traded securities offered as collaterals for loans offered to customers.
|(B) : Financial consultancy |
|The Bank obtained the license of the Capital Market Authority (no. 1708) to act as a financial consultant. This activity includes providing financial consultations and preparing the necessary studies for companies in the following fields : |
- Acquisition, merge and shares swap.
- Evaluating s hares and determining their fair value.
- Private and public offering of shares in the primary or secondary markets.
- Offering of securities (shares, bonds, securitization) either in public or private offering.
- Guaranteeing and undertaking subscription in shares and bonds.
|In addition to conducting assessment of companies which the Bank decides to divest .|
|» Investment following –up Department |
|(A) : Direct investment following –up |
- Following up boards of directors meetings of the of companies which the Bank owns shares in , in order to review decisions taken at these meetings in coordination with the Bank's representatives in that boards .
- Following up the general meetings of companies which the bank participate in its capital (agenda ,dates of convention…) .
- Re-valuing outstanding investments periodically in accordance with relevant accounting standards' requirements.
- Following up the resolutions taken at the companies' general meetings with regard to dividends ( cash , free stocks ).
- Following up the redemption, calling, and coupons collection of the Bank-owned bonds through the concerned department.
- Following up the NAV (Net Asset Value) of the Bank-owned mutual funds' certificates
|(B) : Trade Desk |
- Preparing required studies and analysis (fundamental, technical) of securities owned by the bank or securities in which the bank interested investing in.
- Obtaining required approvals for trading operations whether purchases or sales ( price limits ,sizes of trades) .
- Executing purchase and sale transactions through brokers.
- Following up the Bank's portfolio position and executed trades.
- Preparing periodical reports on trades' results for use in assessing previous investment decisions
- Analyzing the NAV of mutual funds certificates included the Bank's portfolio and comparing them to the NAV of other mutual funds to assess the possibility of replacement or redemption of bank-owned certificates, or the purchase of new certificates.
- Following up the prices of banks and corporate bonds to detect trading opportunities available .
|(C) : Back-Office |
- Recording required accounting entries of investment transactions into Finacle system or any other system that may replace it for updating purpose.
- Preparing periodical data reports required by regulators, or submitted to the Bank administration.
- Following up collections and recording coupons.
- Following up and recording the payment and collection of any amounts arising from shareholding operations.
- Following up and recording the bills of purchases, sales, payments and collections of relevant executed trades.
|» Investment Trustees Department|
|Offering untraditional services to customers by virtue of powers of attorney for actions and procedures determined by the customer in exchange for preset commission. These services include:|
- Purchase and sale of real estates
- Management of real estate properties
- Marketing tourist resorts and other prosperities for ownership purposes
- Asset and business liquidation
- Performing companies incorporation procedures and obtaining relevant required licenses
- Promotion activities of stocks on behalf of customers
- Arrange public subscription on behalf of customers for new or existing companies or bonds through the bank's branches
- Settling periodical obligations and handling customs clearance on behalf of customers.
- Assessment of assets provided from customers as guarantees for credits .
|» Mutual Fund Department|
- Recording and following up the daily buying and selling operations for the bank mutual fund's portfolio according to the decisions taken by the fund manager.
- Collecting and paying the value of the trading operations done in favor of the bank mutual funds.
- Following up the collection of dividends Coupons due for the benefit of the bank mutual funds.
- Following up the bank branches concerning the redemption and issuance of certificates according to the declared controls for each mutual fund.
- Following up the weekly/daily valuation of the funds certificates.
- Monitoring the mutual funds manager's performance and review their fees calculation (performance ,management )
- Paying The fees and commissions due to the fund manager or the bank.
- Appoint the fund manager or renews the outstanding contract .
- Hiring The mutual fund auditors and pay their fees.
- Finalizing setting up and licensing procedures concerning establishing new mutual funds or amendments made for existing mutual funds through obtaining the Capital Market Authority approval .
- Promoting for the mutual funds certificates through the bank branches or through advertising.
|» Custodians Department |
- Informing branches about the Custodians Department accounting system and following-up its central implementation.
- Depositing securities on behalf of customers or mutual funds or the Bank's portfolio with the central depositories on the exact time. This is in addition to verifying their register in the specified records and also in the records of the aforementioned entities. This should be done before trading in such securities as stated by the instructions issued by the Capital Market Authority.
- Issuing the instructions related to contracting with customers and determining clearly each party's responsibility according to the instructions issued in this respect.
- Taking the measures necessary for crediting the value of matured coupons of the companies listed in the central depositing system to the customers' accounts.
- Determining the fees obtained by the Bank in return for its rendered services.
- Ensuring the ultimate secrecy and protection of all forms of documents and data.
- Making the necessary data available for the external supervisory bodies and following-up the examination and inspection results.
- Reviewing the periodical data received from branches and preparing the related consolidated accounts.
|» Securities Department |
- Keeping the physical securities and documents of customers.
- Buying & selling securities on behalf of customers .
- Following-up maturities of different coupons of the kept securities and collecting their value in favor of customers.
- Subscription in shares, bonds and investment certificates on behalf of customers.
- Making any changes on the companies shares (split, decrease or distributing free shares) in favor of customers .